Sunday, January 29, 2012

Back to Basics

Lately I spend an overwhelming amount of time dyeing sock yarn. Ever since Sock Summit it has become an obsession of mine, plus it seems like everyone around me wants socks socks socks and more socks!

Well this weekend I said socks no more! Okay that's not really true, I did dye 50 skeins for a wholesale client, but I decided to have some good old fashioned fun with lovely untreated worsted bases. That should make lots of mama knitters happy!
Here's a teeny speak peek at one of the colorways I will be listing on Hyenacart once everything is dry and ready to go.
Still unsure about what to call it. But I was very careful with the hot water and managed to do these two matching skeins using low immersion. <3

I finally bound off a large Secret Garden shawl I'd been working on. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a sample skein of 50/50 cashmere/silk. Its one of those luxury skeins that I've seen retailed for over $50. So I was certainly more than happy to get the undyed sample from a mill and dye it myself. The result is the softest and fluffiest shawl I'd ever made. It feels like air when I wear it, yet it keeps my neck amazingly warm.

I finally found a name for the shawl - Laurelwood. Now I just need to write up the pattern and have it tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment